It's been a whirlwind of a weekend, and now it's time to chill. I might need to sneak another nap in.
On Saturday, I got ready to go play Ultimate Frisbee. It was very windy and sort of stormy.
- Sweater - Talbots, thrifted; last seen here in May with chartreuse
- Skirt - Club Monaco; last worn here (2nd outfit) in May, again for Ulty
- Loafers - Land's End, thrifted; last seen here a few times for the 40+ Blogger Meet-Up in July
- Scarf - Beecher's Brook, thrifted
- Bracelet - Fossil, gift from L
- Earrings - Fossil, thrifted
After brunch, we went to the St. Vincent de Paul. We both had some good luck.
I've been perusing the September issues of the big fashion magazines (the only time of year I buy them) and ripping out inspirations. I'm loving mod and Victorian, so I was on the lookout for bold 60s and 70s graphics, as well as romantic tops. I also tossed a bunch of skirts recently, so generally scoping for interesting new ones for fall, particularly in longer lengths.
For only $1.00, this fabulous 70s scarf was mine. Orange...
This slate blue-y/grey colour is a tricky one for me to wear, but as long as it's a skirt, it's way easier.
And only $4.00.
this article talks about how it was dissolved after only a year in business back in 1994. I guess that's a pretty good estimate of the age of this skirt.
I've been really grooving on grey lately, and I like seeing the front slit coming back in longer-length pencil skirts.
And just $5.00!
I fell hard for this awesome orange vintage 80s blouse.
Never heard of the brand, but it's before the mid-80s and the Great Size Shift.
After the SVdeP, we dashed through the rain and wind to the WIN Warehouse store. I love their vintage selection, and it was 40% off all red-starred tags today.
I always scope out the lingerie section for nice vintage pieces.
My skirt luck held out - more skirts!
It was $16.50.
The patchwork style on this skirt caught my eye.
A very pretty mix of textures.
here - mentions a store in Fan Tan Alley).
Although I am quite happy with my black leather pencil skirt (this one), I found an even nicer one.
After a brief nap, I changed to meet up with some friends for dinner out.
- Lillies and berries dress - vintage 70s, thrifted; purchased here for $19.99
- Shoes - The Fluevog Vizzinis, aka Wonders Ayers, Fluevog, customized by me and Vizzini; last worn here in July with silver
I had oodles of compliments all night.
FB link) and oohed and ahhed over the cool exhibits and installations.
I went light on the accessories, since the dress stood very well on its own.
- Purse: TakeFive
- Earrings - Aldo Accessories
- Death Star ring - Soul Flower
- Shield ring - Nine West
Looking dapper, cool as f**k, and seriously awesome. His shirt is Le Chateau, the pants are by Etro, and the shoes are the Fluevog Iggys.
This morning, I strolled out to get groceries and to have a wee shop afterwards.
- Sweater - Harrod's, consignment; last seen here way back in April with more pale pink
- Skirt - J. Crew, thrifted; first worn here earlier this month with white and orange
- Shoes - Chie Mihara; last worn here (3rd outfit) in June to an Ulty game
I strolled up to the WIN Boutique for a poke around. I found my fall purse!
Either way, I'm pretty happy with it.
I've resisted the fall fashion siren call of the turtleneck for a year now...
I have problems with chunky sweaters, but I really want to do them with skirts for fall. I'm hoping that this one will work for me.
And finally, now that I have a proper strapless bra, I can wear this blouse on its own if I want to.
And that's my weekend! I hope yours was lovely and full of good times.